- Last updated 04-Apr-2017
- A software application that is installed on a provisioning system, either inside
the service provider’s premises or outside. It may expose own native or standardized API,
e.g. REST-based API, to manage the application resources remotely.
- APS application endpoint
- Management code exposing APS application API in REST format. It must process REST requests received from the APS controller.
It interacts with the application through the application native API to process these requests.
An application and its APS endpoint can exist as two separate installations or be combined within
the provider cloud infrastructure as a single installation.
- APS application instance
- Logical hierarchy of resources associated with an endpoint. It is bound to an application endpoint.
To make the APS controller use an application endpoint,
the respective application instance must be registered (installed) in the hosting platform.
- APS application service
- A factory for managing APS resources defined by a particular APS type.
APS metadata must declare at least one APS service for an application and bind it to an APS type on the one-to-one basis.
Each APS application service is requested by its own REST URI.
- APS catalog
- Repository of APS-certified application packages available for download.
- APS controller
- A service in the provider cloud infrastructure that incorporates APS into the provisioning system.
- APS link
- Named link of a resource to another resource. A link is instantiated from an APS relation declared in the APS type
from which the resource is instantiated.
- APS package
- A set of files and directories compressed into a single file that allows provisioning and managing
an application in APS-enabled hosting systems. The file name extension is app.zip.
- APS relation
- A named JSON object declared in an APS type to allow (weak relation) or require (strong relation)
singular or multiple (collection) links to resources instantiated from other APS types.
- APS resource
- A JSON object created by an APS service (factory of resources).
It instantiates a certain APS type. The resource is uniquely identified by its ID.
- APS resource endpoint
- Fully qualified URL that identifies a particular APS resource within the application,
- APS service endpoint
- Fully qualified URL that identifies an application service for a particular APS type within an application,
- APS type
- Formal declaration of an APS resource schema (properties, structures, operations, and relations) in an APS package.
Each APS type is defined in its own schema file inside an APS package in JSON format [JSON-SCH].
APS types support single- and multiple- inheritance. Each APS type must implement a base APS Resource (directly or indirectly).
- The acronym for the Create, Read, Update, and Delete REST operations implemented through the
HTTP POST, GET, PUT, and DELETE methods respectively.
- Hosting platform
Hosting automation platform
Hosting automation system
- A system used by service providers (hosting providers)
to automate internet hosting services ,
e.g., services listed at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_hosting_service.
Independent software vendor
- A company specializing in making or selling software, designed for mass or niche markets.
Software as a Service
- A software delivery model in which software and associated data are centrally hosted for their clients
in the Internet (cloud).
- Service provider
- In IT industry, it refers to companies providing services through the Internet, including
telecommunication service providers (Telco), application service providers,
storage service providers, hosting service providers, Internet service providers, and others.
- UI view
User interface view
in a control panel screen for managing APS resources.