The document explains the core concepts underlying APS development, including the platform fundamentals
and syndication of cloud services.
For system integrators, the key point is that the platform can integrate with proprietary cloud applications and systems,
thus building multiple SaaS (software as a service) and IaaS (infrastructure as a service) systems on the same platform.
The main part of the platform that implements this integration is APS (application packaging standard).
To integrate a cloud application into the APS ecosystem, you need to develop an integration package (APS application package)
compliant with the APS.
While reading this document, you dive deeper into the key points of the integration technology:
- APS Resource Model - the fundamentals of the resource model, APS types, and REST operations.
- Development Life Cycle - typical project phases, roles, and details of design, development, testing, and
- Events and Notifications - explanation of the asynchronous mechanism used by the platform to notify its users about some events
and the ways to use that mechanism by applications.
- Internationalization and Localization - making an application messages translated to various languages and customizing them to various
- Security - explanation of the embedded security model, possible threats, and attack prevention rules.
- Performance - performance analysis and recommendations on the frontend and backend connections.
- Frontend - the concepts of UI integration environment provided by the platform,