Here, you will find the updates in the platform SDK and in this documentation since the previous release.
The platform APS API supports authentication and authorization of external management systems via
the well-known OAuth protocol.
This allows the external management systems to use permanently a consumer key and a secret instead
of a temporary user token. The provider is able to restrict a list of operations available for an external system
on the APS bus.
- The new embedded search engine restructures its index every time the documentation is
updated and thus returns relevant results immediately after update without showing any ads.
- The set of Concepts is restructured and now looks simpler and more logical. In particular, it contains
the Development Life Cycle concepts that comprise all steps of a typical design-develop-test
APS application project.
- The Resource Counters demo project provides more details
about the correct usage of resource counters by APS applications and external management systems.
- To avoid incorrect customization of the navigation in a control panel, the Navigation Elements
document contains the Limitations section explaining the limits and best practice
of the design of navigation tree structure, the use of the navigation variables and placeholders.
- The APS JS SDK provides the new externalHttpRequest secure method to get access to external applications,
including opening HTML pages of those applications.
Respectively, to avoid security breaches, the new 14.5.2. HTTP Requests to External Services section of the certification
process prevents certification of an APS application if its code contains an alternative attempt by getting access
to external applications from an IFrame outside the one dedicated to the current application.
- The new Reseller Profile procedure guide explains and demonstrates the use of the
Reseller Profile APS type to assist providers in distributing products through resellers.